Connecticut Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Connecticut Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: CT vs. U.S.
- Connecticut residents have average credit card debt of $5,617. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Connecticut is
13% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- CT ranks 3rd in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in CT
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Connecticut 
- Connecticut ranks 33rd in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 9% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Connecticut Rate: 0.52%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Connecticut 
- Connecticut: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Connecticut Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: CT vs. U.S.
- Connecticut residents have an average credit score of 713. 
- The average credit score for Connecticut residents is
2% greater than the national average score of 696.
- CT ranks 13th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Connecticut
The state of Connecticut has a population of approximately 3,574,097, ranking 29th in the nation. 
More about Connecticut Credit Cards
For more information about Connecticut credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Connecticut State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve