Illinois Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Illinois Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: IL vs. U.S.
- Illinois residents have average credit card debt of $5,166. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Illinois is
4% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- IL ranks 15th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in IL
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Illinois 
- Illinois ranks 29th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 5% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Illinois Rate: 0.54%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Illinois 
- Illinois: 5 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Illinois Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: IL vs. U.S.
- Illinois residents have an average credit score of 703. 
- The average credit score for Illinois residents is
1% greater than the national average score of 696.
- IL ranks 26th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Illinois
The state of Illinois has a population of approximately 12,830,632, ranking 7th in the nation. 
More about Illinois Credit Cards
For more information about Illinois credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Illinois State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve