Michigan Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Michigan Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: MI vs. U.S.
- Michigan residents have average credit card debt of $4,558. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Michigan is
8% less than the national average of $4,965.
- MI ranks 41st in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in MI
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Michigan 
- Michigan ranks 27th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 4% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Michigan Rate: 0.55%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Michigan 
- Michigan: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Michigan Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: MI vs. U.S.
- Michigan residents have an average credit score of 697. 
- The average credit score for Michigan residents is
0% greater than the national average score of 696.
- MI ranks 31st in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Michigan
The state of Michigan has a population of approximately 9,883,640, ranking 10th in the nation. 
More about Michigan Credit Cards
For more information about Michigan credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The first few numbers (even the very first number) of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, Visa credit cards begin with a 4.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Michigan State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve