Mississippi Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Mississippi Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: MS vs. U.S.
- Mississippi residents have average credit card debt of $4,594. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Mississippi is
7% less than the national average of $4,965.
- MS ranks 37th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in MS
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Mississippi 
- Mississippi ranks 1st in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 53% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Mississippi Rate: 0.87%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Mississippi 
- Mississippi: 3 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Mississippi Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: MS vs. U.S.
- Mississippi residents have an average credit score of 661. 
- The average credit score for Mississippi residents is
5% less than the national average score of 696.
- MS ranks 51st in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Mississippi
The state of Mississippi has a population of approximately 2,967,297, ranking 33rd in the nation. 
More about Mississippi Credit Cards
For more information about Mississippi credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The first few numbers of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, American Express credit cards begin with 34 or 37.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Mississippi State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve