South Dakota Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
South Dakota Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: SD vs. U.S.
- South Dakota residents have average credit card debt of $4,236. 
- The average credit card debt amount in South Dakota is
15% less than the national average of $4,965.
- SD ranks 49th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in SD
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in South Dakota 
- South Dakota ranks 50th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 35% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- South Dakota Rate: 0.37%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in South Dakota 
- South Dakota: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
South Dakota Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: SD vs. U.S.
- South Dakota residents have an average credit score of 718. 
- The average credit score for South Dakota residents is
3% greater than the national average score of 696.
- SD ranks 6th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about South Dakota
About South Dakota
The state of South Dakota has a population of approximately 814,180, ranking 44th in the nation. 
More about South Dakota Credit Cards
For more information about South Dakota credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The first few numbers (even the very first number) of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, Visa credit cards begin with a 4.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ South Dakota State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve