Texas Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Texas Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: TX vs. U.S.
- Texas residents have average credit card debt of $5,173. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Texas is
4% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- TX ranks 14th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in TX
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Texas 
- Texas ranks 20th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 4% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Texas Rate: 0.59%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Texas 
- Texas: 4 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Texas Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: TX vs. U.S.
- Texas residents have an average credit score of 674. 
- The average credit score for Texas residents is
3% less than the national average score of 696.
- TX ranks 47th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Texas
The state of Texas has a population of approximately 25,145,561, ranking 2nd in the nation. 
More about Texas Credit Cards
For more information about Texas credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Iowa residents had the lowest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $3,885 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Texas State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve