West Virginia Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
West Virginia Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: WV vs. U.S.
- West Virginia residents have average credit card debt of $4,315. 
- The average credit card debt amount in West Virginia is
13% less than the national average of $4,965.
- WV ranks 47th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in WV
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in West Virginia 
- West Virginia ranks 5th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 33% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- West Virginia Rate: 0.76%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in West Virginia 
- West Virginia: 10 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
West Virginia Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: WV vs. U.S.
- West Virginia residents have an average credit score of 689. 
- The average credit score for West Virginia residents is
1% less than the national average score of 696.
- WV ranks 37th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about West Virginia
About West Virginia
The state of West Virginia has a population of approximately 1,852,994, ranking 38th in the nation. 
More about West Virginia Credit Cards
For more information about West Virginia credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The first few numbers of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, American Express credit cards begin with 34 or 37.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ West Virginia State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve