Colorado Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Colorado Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: CO vs. U.S.
- Colorado residents have average credit card debt of $5,625. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Colorado is
13% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- CO ranks 2nd in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in CO
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Colorado 
- Colorado ranks 37th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 21% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Colorado Rate: 0.45%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Colorado 
- Colorado: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Colorado Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: CO vs. U.S.
- Colorado residents have an average credit score of 713. 
- The average credit score for Colorado residents is
2% greater than the national average score of 696.
- CO ranks 12th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Colorado
The state of Colorado has a population of approximately 5,029,196, ranking 22nd in the nation. 
More about Colorado Credit Cards
For more information about Colorado credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The credit card hologram was first introduced by MasterCard in 1983 in an effort to combat counterfeit and fraudulent activity.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Colorado State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve