North Carolina Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
North Carolina Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: NC vs. U.S.
- North Carolina residents have average credit card debt of $5,548. 
- The average credit card debt amount in North Carolina is
12% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- NC ranks 4th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in NC
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in North Carolina 
- North Carolina ranks 13th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 16% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- North Carolina Rate: 0.66%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in North Carolina 
- North Carolina: 3 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
North Carolina Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: NC vs. U.S.
- North Carolina residents have an average credit score of 685. 
- The average credit score for North Carolina residents is
2% less than the national average score of 696.
- NC ranks 39th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about North Carolina
About North Carolina
The state of North Carolina has a population of approximately 9,535,483, ranking 8th in the nation. 
More about North Carolina Credit Cards
For more information about North Carolina credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The first few numbers (even the very first number) of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, Visa credit cards begin with a 4.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ North Carolina State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve