Tennessee Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Tennessee Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: TN vs. U.S.
- Tennessee residents have average credit card debt of $4,669. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Tennessee is
6% less than the national average of $4,965.
- TN ranks 35th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in TN
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Tennessee 
- Tennessee ranks 14th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 16% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Tennessee Rate: 0.66%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Tennessee 
- Tennessee: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Tennessee Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: TN vs. U.S.
- Tennessee residents have an average credit score of 682. 
- The average credit score for Tennessee residents is
2% less than the national average score of 696.
- TN ranks 43rd in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Tennessee
The state of Tennessee has a population of approximately 6,346,105, ranking 15th in the nation. 
More about Tennessee Credit Cards
For more information about Tennessee credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Tennessee State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve