Wisconsin Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Wisconsin Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: WI vs. U.S.
- Wisconsin residents have average credit card debt of $4,327. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Wisconsin is
13% less than the national average of $4,965.
- WI ranks 46th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in WI
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Wisconsin 
- Wisconsin ranks 41st in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 23% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Wisconsin Rate: 0.44%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Wisconsin 
- Wisconsin: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Wisconsin Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: WI vs. U.S.
- Wisconsin residents have an average credit score of 720. 
- The average credit score for Wisconsin residents is
3% greater than the national average score of 696.
- WI ranks 4th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Wisconsin
The state of Wisconsin has a population of approximately 5,686,986, ranking 19th in the nation. 
More about Wisconsin Credit Cards
For more information about Wisconsin credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The credit card hologram was first introduced by MasterCard in 1983 in an effort to combat counterfeit and fraudulent activity.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Wisconsin State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve