California Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
California Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: CA vs. U.S.
- California residents have average credit card debt of $4,937. 
- The average credit card debt amount in California is
1% less than the national average of $4,965.
- CA ranks 21st in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in CA
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in California 
- California ranks 34th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 12% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- California Rate: 0.5%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in California 
- California: 4 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
California Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: CA vs. U.S.
- California residents have an average credit score of 701. 
- The average credit score for California residents is
1% greater than the national average score of 696.
- CA ranks 27th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about California
The state of California has a population of approximately 37,253,956, ranking 1st in the nation. 
More about California Credit Cards
For more information about California credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Iowa residents had the lowest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $3,885 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ California State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve