Florida Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Florida Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: FL vs. U.S.
- Florida residents have average credit card debt of $4,861. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Florida is
2% less than the national average of $4,965.
- FL ranks 23rd in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in FL
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Florida 
- Florida ranks 10th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 19% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Florida Rate: 0.68%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Florida 
- Florida: 5 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Florida Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: FL vs. U.S.
- Florida residents have an average credit score of 683. 
- The average credit score for Florida residents is
2% less than the national average score of 696.
- FL ranks 41st in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Florida
The state of Florida has a population of approximately 18,801,310, ranking 3rd in the nation. 
More about Florida Credit Cards
For more information about Florida credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Florida State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve