Alaska Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Alaska Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: AK vs. U.S.
- Alaska residents have average credit card debt of $6,910. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Alaska is
39% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- AK ranks 1st in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in AK
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Alaska 
- Alaska ranks 42nd in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 26% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Alaska Rate: 0.42%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Alaska 
- Alaska: 3 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Alaska Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: AK vs. U.S.
- Alaska residents have an average credit score of 705. 
- The average credit score for Alaska residents is
1% greater than the national average score of 696.
- AK ranks 22nd in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Alaska
The state of Alaska has a population of approximately 710,231, ranking 50th in the nation. 
More about Alaska Credit Cards
For more information about Alaska credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Alaska State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve