New Mexico Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
New Mexico Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: NM vs. U.S.
- New Mexico residents have average credit card debt of $4,920. 
- The average credit card debt amount in New Mexico is
1% less than the national average of $4,965.
- NM ranks 22nd in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in NM
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in New Mexico 
- New Mexico ranks 28th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 4% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- New Mexico Rate: 0.55%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in New Mexico 
- New Mexico: 4 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
New Mexico Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: NM vs. U.S.
- New Mexico residents have an average credit score of 683. 
- The average credit score for New Mexico residents is
2% less than the national average score of 696.
- NM ranks 42nd in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about New Mexico
About New Mexico
The state of New Mexico has a population of approximately 2,059,179, ranking 36th in the nation. 
More about New Mexico Credit Cards
For more information about New Mexico credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ New Mexico State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve