Vermont Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Vermont Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: VT vs. U.S.
- Vermont residents have average credit card debt of $4,693. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Vermont is
5% less than the national average of $4,965.
- VT ranks 34th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in VT
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Vermont 
- Vermont ranks 40th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 21% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Vermont Rate: 0.45%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Vermont 
- Vermont: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Vermont Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: VT vs. U.S.
- Vermont residents have an average credit score of 721. 
- The average credit score for Vermont residents is
4% greater than the national average score of 696.
- VT ranks 2nd in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Vermont
The state of Vermont has a population of approximately 625,741, ranking 49th in the nation. 
More about Vermont Credit Cards
For more information about Vermont credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The first few numbers (even the very first number) of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, Visa credit cards begin with a 4.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Vermont State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve