Kentucky Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Kentucky Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: KY vs. U.S.
- Kentucky residents have average credit card debt of $4,436. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Kentucky is
11% less than the national average of $4,965.
- KY ranks 45th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in KY
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Kentucky 
- Kentucky ranks 7th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 23% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Kentucky Rate: 0.7%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Kentucky 
- Kentucky: 15 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Kentucky Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: KY vs. U.S.
- Kentucky residents have an average credit score of 688. 
- The average credit score for Kentucky residents is
1% less than the national average score of 696.
- KY ranks 38th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Kentucky
The state of Kentucky has a population of approximately 4,339,367, ranking 25th in the nation. 
More about Kentucky Credit Cards
For more information about Kentucky credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Paying with plastic? American Express was the first company with an actual plastic credit card - the first being introduced in 1958.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Kentucky State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve