Iowa Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Iowa Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: IA vs. U.S.
- Iowa residents have average credit card debt of $3,885. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Iowa is
22% less than the national average of $4,965.
- IA ranks 51st in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in IA
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Iowa 
- Iowa ranks 43rd in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 28% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Iowa Rate: 0.41%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Iowa 
- Iowa: 10 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Iowa Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: IA vs. U.S.
- Iowa residents have an average credit score of 714. 
- The average credit score for Iowa residents is
3% greater than the national average score of 696.
- IA ranks 10th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Iowa
The state of Iowa has a population of approximately 3,046,355, ranking 30th in the nation. 
Did you know?
Iowa residents had the lowest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $3,885 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Iowa State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve