Iowa Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Iowa Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: IA vs. U.S.
- Iowa residents have average credit card debt of $3,885. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Iowa is
22% less than the national average of $4,965.
- IA ranks 51st in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in IA
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Iowa 
- Iowa ranks 43rd in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 28% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Iowa Rate: 0.41%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Iowa 
- Iowa: 10 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Iowa Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: IA vs. U.S.
- Iowa residents have an average credit score of 714. 
- The average credit score for Iowa residents is
3% greater than the national average score of 696.
- IA ranks 10th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Iowa
The state of Iowa has a population of approximately 3,046,355, ranking 30th in the nation. 
Did you know?
The credit card hologram was first introduced by MasterCard in 1983 in an effort to combat counterfeit and fraudulent activity.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Iowa State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve