Maine Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Maine Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: ME vs. U.S.
- Maine residents have average credit card debt of $4,797. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Maine is
3% less than the national average of $4,965.
- ME ranks 29th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in ME
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Maine 
- Maine ranks 31st in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 7% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Maine Rate: 0.53%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Maine 
- Maine: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Maine Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: ME vs. U.S.
- Maine residents have an average credit score of 712. 
- The average credit score for Maine residents is
2% greater than the national average score of 696.
- ME ranks 15th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Maine
The state of Maine has a population of approximately 1,328,361, ranking 40th in the nation. 
More about Maine Credit Cards
For more information about Maine credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The credit card hologram was first introduced by MasterCard in 1983 in an effort to combat counterfeit and fraudulent activity.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Maine State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve