South Portland, ME Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
South Portland Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in South Portland
- The estimated average credit card debt for South Portland residents is $4,797. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Maine (all cities) is
3% less than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Maine cities rank 29th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
South Portland Credit Card Calculator
South Portland Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in South Portland
- Residents of South Portland, ME have an estimated average credit score of 712. 
- The average credit score in Maine (all cities) is
2.3% greater than the national average score of 696.
- Maine collectively ranks 15th in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More South Portland, ME Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Maine 
- Maine residents (all cities) rank 31st in the U.S. with a rate that
is 7% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- South Portland cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Maine Rate: 0.53%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in South Portland 
- South Portland (Maine) Law: 6 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Additional information about Maine
About South Portland
South Portland is a city located in Cumberland County in the state of Maine, and has a population of approximately 25,002. 
South Portland Credit Cards
For more information about South Portland credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The credit card hologram was first introduced by MasterCard in 1983 in an effort to combat counterfeit and fraudulent activity.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Maine State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau