Maryland Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Maryland Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: MD vs. U.S.
- Maryland residents have average credit card debt of $5,345. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Maryland is
8% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- MD ranks 8th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in MD
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Maryland 
- Maryland ranks 17th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 7% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Maryland Rate: 0.61%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Maryland 
- Maryland: 3 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Maryland Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: MD vs. U.S.
- Maryland residents have an average credit score of 696. 
- The average credit score for Maryland residents is
exactly equal to the national average score of 696.
- MD ranks 32nd in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Maryland
The state of Maryland has a population of approximately 5,773,552, ranking 20th in the nation. 
More about Maryland Credit Cards
For more information about Maryland credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Maryland State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve