Montana Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Montana Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: MT vs. U.S.
- Montana residents have average credit card debt of $4,565. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Montana is
8% less than the national average of $4,965.
- MT ranks 39th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in MT
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Montana 
- Montana ranks 49th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 35% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Montana Rate: 0.37%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Montana 
- Montana: 8 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Montana Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: MT vs. U.S.
- Montana residents have an average credit score of 715. 
- The average credit score for Montana residents is
3% greater than the national average score of 696.
- MT ranks 8th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Montana
The state of Montana has a population of approximately 989,415, ranking 43rd in the nation. 
More about Montana Credit Cards
For more information about Montana credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Montana State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve