Washington Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Washington Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: WA vs. U.S.
- Washington residents have average credit card debt of $5,269. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Washington is
6% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- WA ranks 12th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in WA
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Washington 
- Washington ranks 45th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 30% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Washington Rate: 0.4%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Washington 
- Washington: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Washington Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: WA vs. U.S.
- Washington residents have an average credit score of 713. 
- The average credit score for Washington residents is
2% greater than the national average score of 696.
- WA ranks 14th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Washington
The state of Washington has a population of approximately 6,724,540, ranking 13th in the nation. 
More about Washington Credit Cards
For more information about Washington credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Washington State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve