Louisiana Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Louisiana Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: LA vs. U.S.
- Louisiana residents have average credit card debt of $4,773. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Louisiana is
4% less than the national average of $4,965.
- LA ranks 32nd in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in LA
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Louisiana 
- Louisiana ranks 4th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 33% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Louisiana Rate: 0.76%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Louisiana 
- Louisiana: 3 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Louisiana Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: LA vs. U.S.
- Louisiana residents have an average credit score of 669. 
- The average credit score for Louisiana residents is
4% less than the national average score of 696.
- LA ranks 49th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Louisiana
The state of Louisiana has a population of approximately 4,533,372, ranking 26th in the nation. 
More about Louisiana Credit Cards
For more information about Louisiana credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The first few numbers (even the very first number) of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, Visa credit cards begin with a 4.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Louisiana State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve