New Jersey Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
New Jersey Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: NJ vs. U.S.
- New Jersey residents have average credit card debt of $5,484. 
- The average credit card debt amount in New Jersey is
10% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- NJ ranks 6th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in NJ
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in New Jersey 
- New Jersey ranks 26th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 2% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- New Jersey Rate: 0.56%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in New Jersey 
- New Jersey: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
New Jersey Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: NJ vs. U.S.
- New Jersey residents have an average credit score of 708. 
- The average credit score for New Jersey residents is
2% greater than the national average score of 696.
- NJ ranks 21st in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about New Jersey
About New Jersey
The state of New Jersey has a population of approximately 8,791,894, ranking 12th in the nation. 
More about New Jersey Credit Cards
For more information about New Jersey credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ New Jersey State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve