Indiana Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Indiana Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: IN vs. U.S.
- Indiana residents have average credit card debt of $4,577. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Indiana is
8% less than the national average of $4,965.
- IN ranks 38th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in IN
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Indiana 
- Indiana ranks 12th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 16% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Indiana Rate: 0.66%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Indiana 
- Indiana: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Indiana Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: IN vs. U.S.
- Indiana residents have an average credit score of 697. 
- The average credit score for Indiana residents is
0% greater than the national average score of 696.
- IN ranks 30th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Indiana
The state of Indiana has a population of approximately 6,483,802, ranking 14th in the nation. 
More about Indiana Credit Cards
For more information about Indiana credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The first few numbers (even the very first number) of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, Visa credit cards begin with a 4.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Indiana State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve