Indianapolis, IN Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Indianapolis Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Indianapolis
- The estimated average credit card debt for Indianapolis residents is $4,577. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Indiana (all cities) is
8% less than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Indiana cities rank 38th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Indianapolis Credit Card Calculator
Indianapolis Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Indianapolis
- Residents of Indianapolis, IN have an estimated average credit score of 697. 
- The average credit score in Indiana (all cities) is
0.14% greater than the national average score of 696.
- Indiana collectively ranks 30th in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Indianapolis, IN Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Indiana 
- Indiana residents (all cities) rank 12th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 16% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Indianapolis cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Indiana Rate: 0.66%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Indianapolis 
- Indianapolis (Indiana) Law: 6 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Additional information about Indiana
Indianapolis is a city located in Marion County in the state of Indiana, and has a population of approximately 820,445. 
Indianapolis Credit Cards
For more information about Indianapolis credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
A lot can be learned by looking at the first digits of a credit card. For example, MasterCards all begin with numbers between 51 and 55.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Indiana State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau