Georgia Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Georgia Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: GA vs. U.S.
- Georgia residents have average credit card debt of $5,343. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Georgia is
8% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- GA ranks 9th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in GA
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Georgia 
- Georgia ranks 6th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 23% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Georgia Rate: 0.7%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Georgia 
- Georgia: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Georgia Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: GA vs. U.S.
- Georgia residents have an average credit score of 667. 
- The average credit score for Georgia residents is
4% less than the national average score of 696.
- GA ranks 50th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Georgia
The state of Georgia has a population of approximately 9,687,653, ranking 9th in the nation. 
More about Georgia Credit Cards
For more information about Georgia credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Georgia State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve