Gaithersburg, MD Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Gaithersburg Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Gaithersburg
- The estimated average credit card debt for Gaithersburg residents is $5,345. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Maryland (all cities) is
8% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Maryland cities rank 8th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Gaithersburg Credit Card Calculator
Gaithersburg Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Gaithersburg
- Residents of Gaithersburg, MD have an estimated average credit score of 696. 
- The average credit score in Maryland (all cities) is
exactly equal to the national average score of 696.
- Maryland collectively ranks 32nd in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Gaithersburg, MD Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Maryland 
- Maryland residents (all cities) rank 17th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 7% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Gaithersburg cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Maryland Rate: 0.61%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Gaithersburg 
- Gaithersburg (Maryland) Law: 3 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Additional information about Maryland
Gaithersburg is a city located in Montgomery County in the state of Maryland, and has a population of approximately 59,933. 
Gaithersburg Credit Cards
For more information about Gaithersburg credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The credit card hologram was first introduced by MasterCard in 1983 in an effort to combat counterfeit and fraudulent activity.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Maryland State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau