New York Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
New York Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: NY vs. U.S.
- New York residents have average credit card debt of $4,952. 
- The average credit card debt amount in New York is
0% less than the national average of $4,965.
- NY ranks 20th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in NY
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in New York 
- New York ranks 19th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 4% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- New York Rate: 0.59%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in New York 
- New York: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
New York Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: NY vs. U.S.
- New York residents have an average credit score of 704. 
- The average credit score for New York residents is
1% greater than the national average score of 696.
- NY ranks 24th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about New York
About New York
The state of New York has a population of approximately 19,378,102, ranking 4th in the nation. 
More about New York Credit Cards
For more information about New York credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The credit card hologram was first introduced by MasterCard in 1983 in an effort to combat counterfeit and fraudulent activity.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ New York State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve