Massachusetts Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Massachusetts Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: MA vs. U.S.
- Massachusetts residents have average credit card debt of $5,142. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Massachusetts is
4% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- MA ranks 16th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in MA
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Massachusetts 
- Massachusetts ranks 16th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 9% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Massachusetts Rate: 0.62%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Massachusetts 
- Massachusetts: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Massachusetts Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: MA vs. U.S.
- Massachusetts residents have an average credit score of 714. 
- The average credit score for Massachusetts residents is
3% greater than the national average score of 696.
- MA ranks 11th in the nation in average credit score. 
Additional information about Massachusetts
The state of Massachusetts has a population of approximately 6,547,629, ranking 16th in the nation. 
More about Massachusetts Credit Cards
For more information about Massachusetts credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
A lot can be learned by looking at the first digits of a credit card. For example, MasterCards all begin with numbers between 51 and 55.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Massachusetts State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve